Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

I can't type in Hangul :(

Morganp93
New in Town

I can't type in Hangul :(

Postby Morganp93 » December 31st, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to be able to get Hangul typing abilities on my computer. I have Microsoft XP on a Dell laptop. Please help!

dtymazda
Been Around a Bit

Postby dtymazda » January 6th, 2010 9:06 pm

what's the problem? Did you follow the instructions in the other thread?

Control Panel - Regional and Language
Go to the Languages tab
Insure you have 'Install Files for East Asian languages' turned ON.
Click Details
Under installed services, click the add button
Add Korean, and the default Keyboard Layout/IME (which should be Korean Input System (IME 2002)
Click OK, and OK again, and you'll probably require a reboot.

If you did it right you should see a little 'EN' floating in your task bar. SHFT+LeftALT will toggle between english and korean (changing the floating EN to KO), and once in korean, the RightALT key will toggle between roman and hangul. I have my default language in XP set to Korean, so I don't even bother with the ShftLALT, and just right alt toggles between roman and hangul.

Remember that the language selection changes between applications. So if you are in Word, typing Korean, and then switch to a browser, it'll kick you back to English.

쉬워 있죠?

Get 40% OFF
dark3tree8026
New in Town

Re: I can't type in Hangul :(

Postby dark3tree8026 » May 25th, 2013 1:42 pm

I hope I can help if anyone has been having problems with getting the Korean to work on their computer.

When you go to pick Korean, only check the "Microsoft IME" option. Then it will work with you switch the keyboard to the "가" and the "A" will let you just type in romanized letters.

hadiyyahsulaiman2122
New in Town

Postby hadiyyahsulaiman2122 » January 8th, 2014 7:05 pm

Hii,
I have been trying to get the Hangul writting on my system but it's not working.Pls what do I do.. :(

korea.innovative
Been Around a Bit

Postby korea.innovative » January 22nd, 2014 1:19 am

Hey handiyyahsulaiman,

Sorry to hear that! Such method didn't work as our learner kindly shared with us?

dtymazda wrote:Control Panel - Regional and Language
Go to the Languages tab
Insure you have 'Install Files for East Asian languages' turned ON.
Click Details
Under installed services, click the add button
Add Korean, and the default Keyboard Layout/IME (which should be Korean Input System (IME 2002)
Click OK, and OK again, and you'll probably require a reboot.

If you did it right you should see a little 'EN' floating in your task bar. SHFT+LeftALT will toggle between english and korean (changing the floating EN to KO), and once in korean, the RightALT key will toggle between roman and hangul. I have my default language in XP set to Korean, so I don't even bother with the ShftLALT, and just right alt toggles between roman and hangul.

If you still don't see it improving, please give us an email through

The IT team will give you a support on how you could use Hangul in your computer!

Thank you

Madison
Team KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Learn Korean Forum Help and Posting Guidelines (포럼 도움말 및 게시물 등록 안내)”