a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Help with a baby girl's name

KJulian316_233021
New in Town

Help with a baby girl's name

Postby KJulian316_233021 » October 2nd, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello,

I hope this is okay, I came across this board while googling information on Korean names. My husband is Korean and we want to give our baby girl a Korean middle name. We don't want to ask his mom for help with this because we would like for the baby's name to be a surprise that is announced after her birth.

We like Joonhui, and I understood it to be a unisex name but when I google the name it seems that only men come up so I am unsure. It's important to us that the name includes "hui."

Also, is there a resource where I can look up the various hanja that are associated with each word? I don't know what the hanja variations are for either "Joon" or "hui"

Thank you!

P.S. This site looks like a great resource! I plan to start learning Korean in the next few months once I am officially done with college and have more time.

contactus_231994
Been Around a Bit

Re: Help with a baby girl's name

Postby contactus_231994 » October 5th, 2017 12:17 am

Thank you for posting. Are you able to read Hangul? If so, you could try going to

cndic.naver.com

and typing in the following syllables 준 희 or 준 휘 (you wrote jun-hui and I was not sure whether you were referring to 희(more common), or 휘, so I am writing both). Once you type in 준, it will show a list of all the Chinese characters/meaning. You can probably try to figure out which meaning works best for you.

Sorry we could not be more of help.
Best,
Lyn
Team KoreanClass101.com
Join by May 6th

Return to “General Culture (문화 일반)”