Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New practice clip

Bouks
Expert on Something

New practice clip

Postby Bouks » April 17th, 2008 7:07 pm

Have a look! I have been trying to get this up for days, but had technical problems.

Post your comments - what did you think? Did you laugh, cry, scream? I hope you didn't scream. If you cried, though, I'll at least know I got the acting part right. Please correct my mistakes, lovely native speakers, and don't go easy on me just to be nice.

One last note: what a drag to read a two-person dialogue all by myself. Is there some way to record two people through Skype or some other app? I can't find an easy way to do it. Collaboration would be much more fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBgntI9GFjY
On Skype, I'm nenuphar_ (just like that with the underline character ending)

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:
www.shadesofmeaning.wordpress.com

Keith
Expert on Something

Postby Keith » April 18th, 2008 1:50 am

Wow! Great job Bouks! And I can definitely tell you had some radio experience... you're voice is smooth like butter :lol:

And if you don't mind, I'd like to give a suggestion on your intonation. Your pronunciation and fluency was great, but some of the statements sounded like questions. :) Remember to get those statements down (for intonation) :D

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 18th, 2008 1:58 am

Like butter? Wow! Thank you :oops:

And thanks for the comments on my intonation. It's hard to get a feel for things like that at first. (All the more reason for me to make sound clips.) I will work on that.

Edit: AHA! I just figured out why my tone goes up at the end of sentences. Japanese sounds like that when they use their particle "yo" (which of course has no correlation whatsoever to the Korean "yo"), and somehow that crossed over to my Korean speaking (I studied Japanese in the past). I knew it had to come from something. It's not such a good thing to keep cramming my head with languages, maybe, but I can't stop myself.

I invite you to check out my new blog about linguistics, translation and culture:

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » April 18th, 2008 9:42 am

정말 잘 만들었어요 ^^!! Great job, Bouks!!

발음도 너무 깨끗하고, 연기를 정말 잘 하는 것 같아요 ^^!!

Bouks
Expert on Something

Postby Bouks » April 18th, 2008 4:22 pm

Thank you! Someday I'll understand what you said :lol: But I can clearly see it's positive 8)

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » April 18th, 2008 9:39 pm

okie then :-) I won't provide you with the translation! hehe.

I'll just give you the words.

만들다 = to make
발음 = pronunciation
깨끗하다 = to be clear, clean
연기 = acting

:-) I hope this helps !!

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”