hyunwoo
Expert on Something

translation practice #18 (Nov 26 2007)

Postby hyunwoo » November 26th, 2007 7:15 am

:D

Jacqueline
Been Around a Bit

Postby Jacqueline » November 26th, 2007 11:31 pm

Who wrote that? i mean i can't understand almost all the black hangul letters :? . I mean i'm not saying the translation, which i obviously don't know either, but i can't identify most of the black hangul written there :? . It's very confusing!. :?
The first line with red hangul is find. The other one is a mess to me.

I'm probably used to read hangul in the computer and books. Need to practice more reading other people's writing.

Only a few times that has happened to me, where i have to try hard to identify the letters, which is something that should be very simple at this level.

Is there a hanja in this sign?
i'm so confused :?

i think there's a part that says: Our Family
and i think there is also the word: Life

That is all i understood LOL!

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » November 26th, 2007 11:45 pm

Jacqueline, haha, yeah it will take some getting used to if you're going to be able to read some worse handwritings :D but, this one isn't so difficult either once you compare that to this one :

This is what's written.
(by the way, it was written years ago by the owner of the building I'm living in. haha.)

내 집 문 앞 청소 내가 먼저.

우리 가족이 사는 층 계단은 스스로 청소하여 공동 생활에 서로 예의를 지킵시다.

Can you see how certain words are written in certain ways now? :-) But don't worry, most people write better than this .

Dan_84
Been Around a Bit

Postby Dan_84 » November 27th, 2007 12:38 am

This is a tricky message. Not only is the handwriting hard to read (much like the handwriting of many of the Korean teachers at my academy), but I'm not sure I totally understand the message itself. Here goes:

[spoiler]My house front door
We clean it first

My family's floor that we live on has stairs that do not clean themselves. Let's keep good, etiquette-filled community living reciprocally.[/spoiler]

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”