Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

키보드 치기 연습

austinfd
Expert on Something

키보드 치기 연습

Postby austinfd » October 10th, 2007 4:48 am

I want to get better at typing in Korean. I'm sure there are some simple programs out there that would help with that..but I'm having trouble finding anything worthwhile.

The one I did find is just keystroke practice (ㅈㅍㄱㅍㄴㅁㄴㅊㅠㅜㅡㅠㅕㅎ...) and then complete sentences. I'm looking for word practice.

Any ideas?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » October 10th, 2007 12:44 pm

Austin,

here's a great website for you to practice typing in Korean.!

http://www.kidtaja.co.kr/

Get 40% OFF Forever Discount
austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » October 10th, 2007 1:49 pm

Yes..

I actually found that in another thread after posting the question. It is exactly what I was looking for!!

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » October 10th, 2007 1:53 pm

I'm glad to hear that :D
(다행이네요)

Hope it helps!!
(도움이 되길 바래요)

But apart from typing softwares, the more Korean lines you type everyday, the faster you'll get!! :D Let's keep writing Korean here :D
(하지만 타이핑 소프트웨어 외에도, 날마다 한글 문장들을 많이 쓰면 쓸 수록 더 빨라질 거예요. 여기서 계속 한글을 쓰자고요~)

sfegely
New in Town

Postby sfegely » November 30th, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi, I would like to write in Hangul using my regular email (english) account,e.g, yahoo
I'm using Window Vista O.S. How would I be able to write my Korean friends, do I need a translator program?
Oh, and I am planing to upload some music at YOUTUBE--kind of the same question since I would like to write in Hangul in the dialog box.
Thanks Folks,
Steve

austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » December 1st, 2007 1:18 am

Welcome!

This is discussed here:
http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/vie ... ght=typing

Read the whole thread for info about how to do it in Vista.

Then you need a way to lean the Korean layout:
http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/vie ... t=keyboard

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » December 16th, 2007 7:46 pm

this may seem overly simple and maybe even stupid, but i wrote the hangul on my computer keys with a sharpie and then erased it when i didn't need it anymore.

i tried the typing game but it wasn't working on my computer. i have a mac, so lots of korean websites don't work on my computer. it is very sad!

austinfd
Expert on Something

Postby austinfd » December 16th, 2007 11:53 pm

this may seem overly simple and maybe even stupid, but i wrote the hangul on my computer keys with a sharpie and then erased it when i didn't need it anymore.

i tried the typing game but it wasn't working on my computer. i have a mac, so lots of korean websites don't work on my computer. it is very sad!

Yes... it is a major problem for us mac users! firefox gets around most problems, but don't blame Apple...blame Korean web developers! They just love to use ActiceX, something that even Microsoft stopped using a long time ago. Consequently, Vista has been slow to catch on here.

On another note, since I'm having my macbook HDD and keyboard replaced here in Seoul, they are going to give me a new keyboard which will of course be Korean! But, that typing website referenced above still won't work....

I'm making some videos!: http://www.youtube.com/user/austinfd

holdfast
Expert on Something

Postby holdfast » December 17th, 2007 12:25 am

austinfd wrote:Yes... it is a major problem for us mac users! firefox gets around most problems, but don't blame Apple...blame Korean web developers! They just love to use ActiceX, something that even Microsoft stopped using a long time ago. Consequently, Vista has been slow to catch on here.

On another note, since I'm having my macbook HDD and keyboard replaced here in Seoul, they are going to give me a new keyboard which will of course be Korean! But, that typing website referenced above still won't work....

don't worry, i'm not blaming apple. i love my mac and wouldn't trade it for anything. i just wish i could use cyworld and clubbox and even arirangtv on my computer. but alas, i cannot. i don't use firefox either, or ie for mac. i don't like either one of them. ie for mac still doesn't let me use cyworld, clubbox, etc.

sad!

aznwannabe135
New in Town

Postby aznwannabe135 » January 15th, 2008 6:20 am

i'm on an iMac G5 OS X 10.4
i've never had a problem viewing Korean websites.
At first the characters may be jumbled but they straighten out after a second or two.

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”