Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Help with the function/conjugation of these verbs?

EllyVator
New in Town

Help with the function/conjugation of these verbs?

Postby EllyVator » May 25th, 2014 2:43 am

Hello!
I practice my Korean most often through translating things into English. A lot of what I read, when I'm not using Korea language learning websites, is from Korean celebrities and their Twitter accounts, so the language gets tricky. I'm currently attempting to translate something that contained this line:
"나만 할 수 있는 그 무언가가 있긴 있는것 같긴 한데."

All of the verbs are confusing me, especially "있긴 있는것 같긴 한데." I don't understand how all of these verbs function in the sentence, and I was hoping someone could help me with my translation.

My best guess at translating the whole sentence is something along the lines of "Something that can be my own really seems to be." Is that close at all? I also tried to use Google Translate for help, but that made things worse :(

I would greatly appreciate it if you can help!

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Help with the function/conjugation of these verbs?

Postby community.korean » June 6th, 2014 5:29 am

Hi there,

Practicing your Korean by translating things into English is a good way of learning.
But I would like to suggest you to use sources that use formal and grammatically correct Korean.
Many foreigners get in trouble by speaking or writing too casually when inappropriate.

Finally to answer your question: :D
나만 할 수 있는 그 무언가가 있긴 있는 것 같긴한데 can be translated as "it seems like something that only I can do exists, but."

Your translation is very close. 있긴 있는 것 같긴한데, the speaker is very unsure and not confident here.

Thanks,
Claire
Team KoreanClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
ankitaindustries786_230610
New in Town

mica

Postby ankitaindustries786_230610 » March 22nd, 2016 8:59 am

‪#‎mica‬
Ankita Industries” is a leading manufacturer of mica in India. We have our own mine of mica plant with In-house laboratory for quality control.
http://www.ankitaindustries.co/

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”