Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Learning korean words?

hazewindog9185
New in Town

Learning korean words?

Postby hazewindog9185 » January 26th, 2013 5:44 pm

Hey everyone! In december I decided that I want to learn korean, and bought a so called home study here in The Netherlands.

I've mananged to get trough Chapter 0: Introduction, and I know the hangul alphabet. However I now have to start learning words, and I really have no idea how I would do that? The book told me that I should learn hangul, not romanized hangul (now I can read it). But the thing is I can only slowly read it, because what I do is actually translating it letter by letter to romanized hangul..

I'd really appreciate some help to this, as I feel like I've searched over 99% of google before finding this site..
If you have any questions, be sure to ask. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Haze.

kc101com
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Re: Learning korean words?

Postby kc101com » January 29th, 2013 10:23 pm

Hello Haze from Holland :D

That is absolutely great to hear that I bet it would be almost a month now right if you have started from december?:)

Great job!! You made it up to so far ;)

About romanization, your friend would be quite right as we would recommend as well.

Because once you get used to keep understanding in romanization, you would hit the limit and keep having trouble when you get advanced.

It is better if you start with Korean itself just like looking up thesaurus instead of English-Korean translation. You know?

It would be challenging in the beginning and you might feel so irritated that you could not read speedy or fast enough as you used to.

However, once you get used to it, trust us you would learn a lot faster and better!

Start step by step, from a single word. It would definitely be a help, we promise!;)

Thank you

Madison
Team Koreanclass101.com
Get 40% OFF

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”