Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Podcast Rominization

codshot
New in Town

Podcast Rominization

Postby codshot » November 5th, 2008 5:46 am

I have been using Koreanclass101 for some time now, but I tend to use the podcasts most of the time and listen to the lessons while I walk around Seoul or travel on the Subway! However, when I look at the text file tagged onto the podcast it only gives the romanization and translation. This is good for helping me speak the words, but I am also wanting to recognize them when I see them. Is there any way to get the dialog in korean text as well?

-Brian Davis

Monkey_Monk
New in Town

A work-around using iTunes

Postby Monkey_Monk » January 4th, 2009 4:43 pm

Hi Brian,

If you open iTunes, click on the FILE menu,
scroll down and click on GET INFO.
A dialogue box will open.
Then click on the tab LYRICS.
This is where you will find the file where K101 has put the words that you see while playing your podcast. You can cut and paste into the Lyrics box. Thus, you can manually add the Korean characters by cutting and pasting from the pdf files.

The only thing that I am not sure of is if you need to have the Korean keyboard enabled on your computer. I have VISTA home premium and I have it enabled on mine. If you do need it enabled and have not enabled it, just post and I'll post the directions that I used to enable mine.

Also, you could use the application "Air Sharing" to put the pdf files on your device. I got Air Sharing when it was free, but now there is a fee. However, an application called "Discovery" which is still free sounds similar and should work, too. :D

Get 40% OFF
hyunwoo
Expert on Something

Postby hyunwoo » January 7th, 2009 2:19 am

Brian, thanks for the question, and great to hear that you're enjoying the show! And Monkey_Monk, thanks for the detailed answer!!! :) You can also use the separate dialog tracks if you want to become a premium member, and those tracks have hangul embedded in the files as well. ^^

Monkey_Monk
New in Town

Postby Monkey_Monk » January 7th, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks Hyunwoo씨!

I'm still doing the first season beginner level. I havent totally checked all the lessons out but in season 1, lessons 1,4, and 5 are missing any enrties ... they're blank screnes. (Nothing had been added into the lyrics section of the podcast).

Also, I need to correct something to Brian... cutting and pasting from a pdf doesn't work. It's got to be manually typed into the lyrics box in both languages. Cutting and pasting from the pdf's gave me a bunch of square boxes instead of letters or characters.

However, on the brighter side, I did find what you were talking about, that the dialogue segment does have the Korean characters. Thanks! I hadn't noticed that.

Also, in the most recent lesson, Season 4 Beginner lesson 1. I think there might be an error or errors on page 4 under Construction, Present tense, Action Verbs:

모르다 (moreuda) "to rise"
모르 (moreu) - verb stem
모르 + 는 것 같다 = 모르는 것 같다 (moreuneun geot gatda) "I think he doesn't know."

I don't understand how "to raise" became... and I do not see any negatives added to the Korean statement. So, I don't understand how the English one has become a negative...he does not know. ??? I'm lost on this one.

(BTW. I am a premium member since September of this year :D )

Return to “Learn Korean Feature Requests (서비스 요청)”