Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Cherry Filter

Enkiae
Been Around a Bit

Cherry Filter

Postby Enkiae » March 4th, 2008 4:47 am

Truth be known, I'm not a huge fan of most pop and ballad songs ^^; I'm a huge fan of Korean rock though. Anyway I wanted to know if anyone else was a fan of this band?

Cherry Filter was actually the first Korean band I listened to! :lol: From what I was told, they were really popular around 2003 with their major hit 낭만고양이 (romantic cat). So far the band has released 4 albums, plus a 4.5 "singles" album, and the main singer had a brief solo career in Japan with two albums in Japanese.

The music is fast and catchy, kind fo a pop-punk style, and the lead singer Youjeen's voice is beyond awesome! She has a lot of range in her singing, from cute and innocent to very grunge.

Here are some videos of their two most famous songs

오리날다 (a duck flies) http://youtube.com/watch?v=snbUmVIaSNo
낭만고양이 (romantic cat) http://youtube.com/watch?v=U6EcOiKWfZI&feature=related

I'm just a big fan of the band and wanted to spread the love a little :lol:

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » March 4th, 2008 6:40 am

I love their songs, too.

Their concert had held by my company before,
She has unbelievable voice power, I think.

Get 40% OFF
javiskefka
Expert on Something

Postby javiskefka » March 4th, 2008 6:53 am

I knew when I listened to the first song that you linked that I had heard that singer before! It turns out that I had heard 낭만고양이 before. A Korean TA gave me a mix tape with a bunch of Korean music on it back in 2003, and that song was on it! I listened to it so much, but I had no idea what any of the words were :lol: .

Thanks! I'm always looking for Kpop that's not sappy, saccharine ballads or dance songs that are only worthwhile because the singer is attractive.

steved
Expert on Something

Postby steved » March 4th, 2008 6:12 pm

When I lived in Korea the rock band that was popular was 들국화. I have no idea how badly I am dating myself.

sonycmyst
New in Town

Postby sonycmyst » January 31st, 2009 9:06 am

I LOVE Cherry Filter... are they still on the music scene...? haven't heard much from them since my school days...

lindafay
New in Town

Postby lindafay » February 1st, 2009 12:18 am

Ooh I totally forgot that this band is Korean xD I first heard of this band whilst playing uhm.. the South East Asia version of Audition I believe (or maybe the Japanese one, I can't remember). I absolutely looooovveee Flying Duck and Romantic Cat, I miss playing those songs. T_T My fingers just want to go along with the arrows when I listen to the song now.. xD

Return to “Music, Music, Music (음악)”