Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

What place names do you know in Korea?

hyunwoo
Expert on Something

What place names do you know in Korea?

Postby hyunwoo » August 11th, 2007 10:35 pm

Hello everyone! :o Welcome to Koreanclass101.com!!

I know all of you are already familiar with some place names in Korea, such as Seoul,
Busan, Jeju Island, and more specifically, Insadong, Dongdaemun markets, Myoungdong
and etc.

But what place names are you familiar with?
Share your knowledge with everyone :-) and please ask any questions about what you
want to know about a specific place in Korea that you've visited or are interested in
visiting!

Enjoy Koreanclass101.com!!

aka22
Been Around a Bit

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 4:14 am

well one thing i know about korea is that every place has it's specialty in food. just like how america has like, the philadelphia cheese steak and carolina barbeque. its the same way in korea except since everything is so close, you actually have a chance to try all the different, unique foods that each area is known for.
if i make any mistakes, please someone more familiar with korea correct me. anyways, here goes:

1. jang choong dong jok bal (장충동 족발)
This is some of the finest jok bal you will ever have, well at least in my opinion. Now there's tons of places for jok bal in this area so you'll just have to try all the different ones to see which one you like best. good luck ^^
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

Join by May 6th
erich
Established Presence

Postby erich » October 9th, 2008 4:41 am

Well, the place names I know best are the places I have been to, obviously. These include Gangreung on the East Sea, Chuncheon and Gapyeong as well as Sobaeksan (which has a very easy to remember hanja, by the way :) )
[spoiler]小白山[/spoiler]

SiEd
Expert on Something

Postby SiEd » October 9th, 2008 5:14 am

I know:

전주, famous for 전주 비빔밥 and 콩나물밥.
안동, famous for 찜닭 and 강고등어구이.
경주, famous for its specialty 황남빵
춘천, famous for 닭갈비
남원, famous for 광한루 :wink:
"I'm trying to make a pun, but it's not punny."
-Mas Widiyanto

aka22
Been Around a Bit

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 6:32 am

ah~~ someone please refresh my memory. where was famous for it's gop chang? man i love that stuff. that and mak chang.
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » October 9th, 2008 9:43 am

aka22 wrote:ah~~ someone please refresh my memory. where was famous for it's gop chang?

왕십리?
교대?
을지로?

:roll:

aka22
Been Around a Bit

Postby aka22 » October 9th, 2008 3:13 pm

왕심리, that's it. 곱창 이즈 소~~~굿. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
"나, 잘못 건드렸어요"

kimmrcs75
New in Town

Looking for the "Real" Seoul....

Postby kimmrcs75 » October 12th, 2008 4:08 am

Hello fellow KoreanClass101 listeners!
I am finally returning to Seoul for a visit after 6 years! If any of you are living in Seoul, I'm hoping I could meet some of you face to face! We can have some 삼겹살 then go for a drink. 선현우씨도요! How about it?

-Marcus Kim

dtymazda
Been Around a Bit

Postby dtymazda » October 12th, 2008 4:19 am

남산 mountain :)

I even have a picture of me and my brother there back in the 80s. It's the only place I remember visiting when I was there last.

PaulC

gillesvdp
Established Presence

Postby gillesvdp » December 23rd, 2008 7:31 pm

I love 안양 and 충주 lake...

As for food linked to a place, there is a kind of pastry that has the shape of nuts.
They sell it in Express Bus terminals and in the stations on the highway from Seoul to Mokpo. It is linked to 천안 or 청주 but I am not sure which city...

manyakumi
Expert on Something

Postby manyakumi » December 24th, 2008 6:20 am

gillesvdp wrote: As for food linked to a place, there is a kind of pastry that has the shape of nuts.
They sell it in Express Bus terminals and in the stations on the highway from Seoul to Mokpo. It is linked to 천안 or 청주 but I am not sure which city...

천안 호두과자

:D

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”