Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

People Calling me in Korean

prayashshakya9671
New in Town

People Calling me in Korean

Postby prayashshakya9671 » June 18th, 2014 10:27 am

Hy.. so happy and always excited to write my words here in a huge arena. Actaully i am learning Korean language and passioanate in learning more about Korea.
I don't know how people of Korea will call my name as Prayash Shakya. So i need help translating into Korean name like Kim Bom, Park Hyun etc like that can you help me translating my Original name into Korean Name????

Thanks a alot thanks for helping watching this thread:) Annyeong

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: People Calling me in Korean

Postby community.korean » June 19th, 2014 12:26 am

Hi there,

People in Korea will call you Prayash Shakya.
If you want a Korean name, you can pick a name you like and ask people to call you by that name.
Or if your name "Prayash" has a meaning that you would like to keep, please let me know.
I will try to come up with a Korean name for you.

Thanks,
Claire
Team KoreanClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
prayashshakya9671
New in Town

Postby prayashshakya9671 » June 19th, 2014 4:16 am

Yup, my name Prayash has a very common meaning its "try" and Shakya came from dynasty of Gautam Buddha. I'm a Buddhist namja. Shakya denotes my religion and it is my last name. Regarding Prayash it means try:) Annyeong

community.korean
Expert on Something

Postby community.korean » June 23rd, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Prayash,

Thanks for telling me about your name.
It really makes a difference and makes your name sound even better!

Hmm...how about 시도 sido which means "to try, attempt" in Korean?
Of course, you would keep your last name as Shakya.

I think it would be nice to keep your original name.
But it is just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Claire
Team KoreanClass101.com

prayashshakya9671
New in Town

Postby prayashshakya9671 » June 24th, 2014 4:32 am

Um...Thats cool too.. Sido Shakya :) may be your right i should keep my original name :)

Thankyou :)

I want to talk and make korean friend so that i can improve my korean speaking ability. Is there any room for that????

Can we chat in Korean but my keyboard doesn't have korean letter. Please help me :(

lauralanda
Been Around a Bit

Postby lauralanda » June 30th, 2014 5:43 am

Hello prayashshakya9671,

Here we have some information for you to type in Korean:
- If you use Mac OSX, you can add Korean language on the system setting panel. It’s simple. Go to the Setting, Language and text, then click 'input source' on the window. Then, you need to click Hangul -> set Hangul on the list so that you can activate the Korean input system.

- If you use Windows, click one of the following links to find how to install Korean Input System (IME) or add its typing system on the control panel. Please see the following link for more details.
http://www.koreanfluent.com/cross_cultu ... yboard.htm
After installation, please change the Regional and Language setting on your control panel. Don’t forget to check ‘Install files for East Asian Languages’, so that you can type Korean on your computer. To type Korean correctly, you should know which key represents which character. You can print out Korean keyboard layout and practice to get used to. Consonants are placed on the left side, while vowels on the right, so it will be not difficult to type.

Hope that helps :D

Regards,
Laura
Team KoreanClass101.com

Return to “Practice your Korean (한국어 연습하기)”