Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

TOPIK

kyuree
Expert on Something

TOPIK

Postby kyuree » March 17th, 2009 10:12 am

Hey, can someone explain the TOPIK to me? My teacher signed me up for it but I don't know the exact date (sometime in April.............) nor what to expect.
Do I have to choose the level beforehand or can I just answer as many questions as I manage to (like in TOEFL)?
It seems that one has to at least choose beginner/intermediate/advanced/business.
I saw that beginner, level 2 includes things like getting along in a bank (I wouldn't know :( ). And I can't figure out the website. Only the main info seems to be available in other languages than Korean.

Where can I download old tests?
I have a copy of a level 2 test at home but it'd be better to have more of course.
Meh, I'm scared, I think I won't do very well w/ so little time to prepare myself for it and then I have to pay it, too *lol* what a waste............
unfortunately having half a set of Korean genes doesn't come w/ a language gene

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 18th, 2009 8:18 pm

this post deals with the TOPIK: http://www.koreanclass101.com/forum/vie ... ight=topik

also, here's a link that might help you: http://sites.google.com/site/matthewplu ... -questions

hope this helps!

Get 40% OFF
John
Expert on Something

Postby John » March 19th, 2009 1:33 pm

Wow Matthew you've really put alot into that site of yours, very useful thanks for sharing.

matthew254
Expert on Something

Postby matthew254 » March 19th, 2009 4:38 pm

np John!

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » March 24th, 2009 9:12 am

So mainly I gotta learn the vocab and know how to write an essay?
How else can I prepare myself?

I wish I was more focused on this but there are so many things going on in my life atm. *lol*, sigh, hopefully I'll get round to practicing wholeheartedly :(

the-resa-
Been Around a Bit

Postby the-resa- » March 24th, 2009 2:54 pm

i heard that topik is more academic and klpt is more for career .. or is it the other way round? i took klpt cuz that's the only one available at the place i learnt korean. now my klpt has expired and it's time for round 2. i haven't signed up yet though.

kyuree
Expert on Something

Postby kyuree » March 25th, 2009 8:52 am

I copied all the vocab from that googlesites site to study cards and I found that I already know more than 2/3 of them. So that should be manageable :)

BTW there are two or three small errors in the vocab list I think.

edit: I feel level 2 isn't really challenging whereas level 3 is too difficult already :(.

Return to “Learn All About Korean (한국어에 관한 모든 것)”