Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Movie Endings

theely4465
New in Town

Movie Endings

Postby theely4465 » July 31st, 2010 2:23 am

I have only watched a couple Korean movies so far, maybe four? I have noticed that their endings all seemed to lack a little. I'm not sure if that the right term... They seem to make you come to your own conclusion of what really happens. The latest one I watched, 2 Faces Of My Girlfriend, gave some obvious foreshadowing of what happens "after the credits stop rolling," though.

Is this a common thing in Korean movies? I don't find it bad. It is not what I'm use to, but not bad. Perhaps it is just the ones I'm watching?

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant
Hello Schoolgirl
Memories of Murder
2 Faces Of My Girlfriend

Luckily they have all had subtitles. I don't know enough words to actually follow along. I can only tell when they hello, good bye, and i recognize counting but don't know the numbers!! :oops:

timandyou
Expert on Something

Hello theely4465,

Postby timandyou » August 2nd, 2010 1:03 am

:P

Thanks for leaving a comment here.

I usually don't watch movies, which means I don't know about Korean movies but, I will do my best to answer your quetions.

Yes, The endings some of Korean movies are very vague. You have to think and you might need to come up with your own endings.

I like that kind of movies than simple giving me "the ending" - it's too simple.

I like movies that make me think along with the movies.

I think... if like to watch Korean movies, my best advie to you is you need to get used to it. I don't know... Who knows...? You will become the one like me who likes those types of movies.

cheers,

Tim 8)

Get 40% OFF
dira777pr3238
New in Town

Re: Movie Endings

Postby dira777pr3238 » July 8th, 2013 1:34 am

Hi,  here I post my opinion about the Korean dramas endings.  I think Koreans dramas have a excellent histories, actors, scenes, taken outside, costumes but the ending are very cruel. Most of the stories end suffering separated for years and years to have one to two minutes of the drama of happiness. Maybe  is real in Korea that the couples must pass the test of being separated and arranged marriages also also.  But  I think it is the reality of Korean culture is so sad.
In latin America the dramas ending with all that people dream, happiness. Most dramas have ends tha people wait or 
dream because  the audience see the dramas to forget ours sad reality or bored life, and I think the Koreans writers 
think with your suspense mind not with the heart mind. The audience in the other side wait  happy endings for yours
 beautiful stories. maybe only I dream never be change. Anyway  I like Korean dramas.  But is only my opinion.

team.relationships
Expert on Something

Postby team.relationships » July 11th, 2013 6:20 am

Hi everyone!

What an interesting topic! I'm in love with Korean movies!

About the sadness in dramas, it's the same in Japan too.
You will really often have a lot of suffering, or terrible endings, and stuff like that, but you may find really happy endings too!
Have you ever watched Painter of the Wind? It's a Korean drama I like a lot, if you like historic stories and arts, please watch it and let me know what you think of it!

Have a great day!
Mélanie
Team KoreanClass101.com

thebeaglesally8942
New in Town

Postby thebeaglesally8942 » September 25th, 2013 2:22 pm

Without a doubt, Korean movies have the most depressing endings ever! Either people die at the end or no one ends up happy. It is rare to find a movie with a 'good ending'. Most films leave nothing to the imagination. At least the ones I watched. I never try and think to myself 'I wonder what happened to...' and that is mainly due to the fact that they are probably dead, or it was made very clear they had a sad life. It is not as bad for dramas, most of those end happy, although a few do leave you guessing...

finlay.leo456_225597
New in Town

Postby finlay.leo456_225597 » March 20th, 2014 5:53 am

nice post

sandra.malluck_229692
New in Town

Postby sandra.malluck_229692 » December 1st, 2015 1:54 pm

Yes some dramas have weak endings but there are many others that satisfy right up to the end. One ending that is too often used is the trip abroad for the hero or heroine for two years and when they return in the last episode, everything is solved. lol

sandra.malluck_229692
New in Town

Postby sandra.malluck_229692 » December 1st, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes some dramas have weak endings but there are many others that satisfy right up to the end. One ending that is too often used is the trip abroad for the hero or heroine for two years and when they return in the last episode, everything is solved. lol

Return to “Movies & Television (영화와 TV)”