Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Koreans : what do you think of Israelis ?

tommyel204523
New in Town

Koreans : what do you think of Israelis ?

Postby tommyel204523 » July 17th, 2014 8:50 pm

I personally love Korea and its culture and the Korean language. I'm currently a beginner in Korean. I would like to know how Israelis are viewed in Korea.

community.korean
Expert on Something

Re: Koreans : what do you think of Israelis ?

Postby community.korean » July 21st, 2014 9:05 am

Hi there,

I believe many Koreans are interested in learning traditional Israeli teaching methods such as Talmud.
There are many books on it too.

Thanks,
Claire
Team KoreanClass101.com

Get 40% OFF
SarangShirts
New in Town

Re: Koreans : what do you think of Israelis ?

Postby SarangShirts » December 2nd, 2015 3:51 pm

You know, generally speaking although Israel is in the news from time to time, average Koreans don't think much about it at all. It's just not a country which makes it onto the radar that often, since it's far removed from East and South-East Asia, and also not a major player in local political issues.

It's true that a lot of Koreans are interested in studying Talmudic teachings, and many do have some regards for Jews and Judaism. That said, it's rare to meet an average Korean person who knows anything about Judaism itself. There are just not enough Israelis and Jews here to warrant even having real synagogues. Perhaps there's one or two synagogues in Seoul, but it's hardly the heart of Judaica. You'll find a much larger Jewish community in Bangkok or even in Indonesia than in Seoul.

All of this to say: do Koreans have a negative view of Israel? Absolutely not. In general, they have no view of Israel at all but they are friendly people. If you're the first Israeli they meet and you leave a good impression, then something very interesting happens: the Koreans who met you instantly hold your entire country in high regard. It's something I've always loved about Koreans.

- - - - - - - - - -
https://SarangShirts.com -- Get a shirt or hoodie with Korean writing on it in Hangeul
- - - - - -
SarangShirts.com -- Finally buy a shirt or hoodie with Korean writing on it in Hangeul

Return to “General Culture (문화 일반)”