Start Learning Korean in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Buying learning material in Korea

koreanclass8083
New in Town

Buying learning material in Korea

Postby koreanclass8083 » September 11th, 2013 10:51 am

Next month I'll be visiting South Korea for the first time, and this will probably be my only trip to Korea in a long time. So I am planning on buying some additional learning material while I am there, because this will probably be much cheaper than ordering them online. Which bookstores are the best for buying these kinds of book? In Seoul I'll be staying in Gangnam and apparently there's a Kyobo Bookstore nearby. Would this store be a good choice for buying learning material? Or are there bookstores with a wider selection of books on Korean?

I also want to buy Hangul stickers for my computer keyboard, similar to these. Where would I be able to find these? The ones on Amazon are pretty cheap, but the shipping costs make them really expensive for me...

kc101com
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Re: Buying learning material in Korea

Postby kc101com » September 17th, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi Koreanclasser!:)

That is a great news and seems like you are definitely getting ready in good way :)

I would say Kyobo bookstore is very good - one of the biggest bookstores in Korea besides another branch in Kwanghwamun.

In terms of keyboard stickers, I think you can also purchase one in Kyobo bookstore as they sell other stationaries and those are quite a big part of the store as well.

Also even if you don't get one in Kyobobook store, whenever you find stationay which you will in Korea (it's called mooonbanggu in Korean), they will have one for you.

But I still think Kyobo bookstore would be a good choice! Besides you can pay in won without worrying about all international shippings and rip-offs!;)

Please let us know anytime you have further questions :)

Thank you

Madison
Team Koreanclass101.com

Get 40% OFF
koreanclass8083
New in Town

Postby koreanclass8083 » November 6th, 2013 8:43 am

Just got back from a great trip to South Korea. If anyone's interested: the Kyobo bookstore near Gwanghwamun seems to be the best place to buy learning material. They had so many books that I didn't even know which ones to buy :)

kc101com
KoreanClass101.com Team Member

Postby kc101com » November 9th, 2013 8:52 am

Wow that is amazing to hear Koreanclasser!:)

Gwanghwamun gyobobook is indeed the biggest bookstore in Korea besides lots of stationaries!:)

Hope you enjoyed your stay in Korea and feel free to share good or even strange story with us!:D

Thank you

Madison
Team Koreanclass101.com

Return to “Visiting Korea (한국 방문하기)”